Serene Lake To Himalayan Views
- 4 Nights Uttarakhand
Surrounded by the steep forested hills of Kumaon on the outer Himalayas, Nainital is a city that grew up around its namesake, Lake Naini. A favourite destination for honeymooners, this hill station, with its mythological past, is a part of the Indian state of Uttarakhand. With a landscape dotted with a plethora of lakes like Tallital, Mallital, Sattal and Bhimtal, it is no wonder that the region is known as the Lake District of India. A spider’s web of scenic trekking trails covers the hillsides surrounding Nainital. famously referred to as 'The Switzerland of India' by Mahatma Gandhi, Kausani, is a quaint and peaceful little town perched on a hill offering panoramic views of the Hi.
DAY 1 - Arrival in Delhi | Drive from Delhi to Nainital (300 km/approx. 08 hours)
- Once you reach the airport or railway station in Delhi, our representative will receive you. From here, drive towards Nainital – the beautiful lake town and hill station in Uttrakhand.
- Nainital is a hill station in the Kumaon region, which is one of the two administrative divisions in the mountainous state of Uttrakhand. This town is situated in a valley and is named after the beautiful Naini Lake, which lies in its heart amidst hills and greenery. A revered Shakti Peeth lies towards the northern shore of this lake and adds an element of religiousness to the place. The hill station has a long association with the British Raj that is evident from its colonial structures from those times.
- On reaching the destination, check-in at the hotel and spend the remaining day as per your wish. You can rest in the hotel room or go for boating on the sparkling Naini Lake (at your own expense).
- Come back to the hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
DAY 2 - Sightseeing in Nainital
- In the morning, prepare yourself for sightseeing in and around Nainital. Start with a visit to Hanuman Garhi, which is a famous place of worship in the town. Nestled on a hilltop, this temple of Lord Hanuman was built and consecrated by the eminent saint named Neem Karoli Baba. It is not only a venerated site, but also a vantage point for beholding the scenic landscapes of the town. Sunset and sunrise are two unmissable views offered by this temple site.
- Afterwards, drive towards the three lakes situated close to the town – Sattal, Naukuchiatal and Bhimtal. Each of these lakes lies at a short distance from the other that can easily be covered by a drive in minutes. Tucked away from the crowded locales, these lake sites offer quality time amidst nature's bounties. Shimmering waters reflecting the surrounding greenery are enough to enthral you while you are here. You can go for boating on the placid waters of these lakes, at your own expense. Bird watching, short strolls and photography are some other activities, which will keep you engaged at these places.
- After a fun-filled day, retire to the hotel for a lavish meal and refreshing sleep.
DAY 3 - Drive from Nainital to Kausani (120 km/approx. 05 hours)
- In the morning, check-out from the hotel and drive towards Kausani – an idyllic destination in the hills of Uttrakhand. Mahatma Gandhi even referred to it as Mini Switzerland during his stay at the place. This hill station is known for its soaring conifers, green contours, glittering streams and silent valleys. It earns a considerable amount of fame for the unparalleled panorama of the Himalayas, which can be viewed from here. On the way to Kausani, pay a visit to Chaubatia and Kalika – two unfishable spots en route.
- Chaubatia is a scenic ridge in Ranikhet that serves as a popular vantage point to behold the town's vistas. It is known for its lush fruit orchards, where the finest varieties of apples, plums and other fruits are cultivated. Next comes Kalika, which has a sprawling green golf course set amidst hilly terrains. A temple dedicated to the Hindu Goddess Kali is also situated here and is flocked by pilgrims throughout the year.
- On reaching Kausani, check-in at the hotel and spend the night resting in your room.
DAY 4 - Drive from Kausani to Ranikhet
- As the morning approaches, check-out from the hotel and proceed to the next destination – Ranikhet.
- Nestled amidst hills and greenery, Ranikhet is a scenic and salubrious hill station in the Almora district of Uttrakhand. The name of this town means 'queen's meadow' and is derived from a local legend pertaining to Queen Padmini. It gained limelight after the British chose the place for establishing the headquarters of the Kumaon Regiment in 1869. Gradually, it became one of their favourite summer retreats for getting respite from the tropical weather of India. The rich flora and fauna of this town along with remarkable natural beauty make it a sheer paradise for holidaymakers. Temples and ashrams of Ranikhet have always attracted devotees and seekers of spirituality. Check-in at the hotel and spend the remaining day at leisure.
- Come back to the hotel for a relaxing overnight stay.
DAY 5 - Drive from Ranikhet to Delhi (334 km/approx. 09 hours)
- Have a hearty breakfast in the morning and check-out from the hotel after that. From here, drive to the airport or railway station in Delhi for your onward journey.
- Welcome drink on arrival.
- Parking and Toll tax.
- Meet & greet on arrival.
- 04 Breakfasts & 04 Dinners
- Pick and Drop at time of arrival/departure.
- Driver's allowance, Road tax and Fuel charges.
- Sightseeing by private car.
- All hotel and transport taxes & Driver Allowances.
- All transfers and sightseeing by personal car.
- 04 Nights Accommodation on double sharing basis.
- Camera fee.
- Alcoholic / Non- Alcoholic beverages.
- Travel insurance.
- 5% GST.
- Any Airfare / Train fare.
- Expenses caused by factors beyond our control like rail and flight delays, roadblocks, and vehicle mal-functions, political disturbances etc.
- Tips, laundry & phone call.
- Entrance fees to monuments and museum.
- All personal expenses.